The paperback version of Monstrous Beauty goes on sale today! And holy smokes, it's gorgeous. Many thanks to Lauren Burniac, editor extraordinaire at Square Fish/Macmillan.
Not only is the cover mesmerizing, but there are all sorts of goodies inside. Here's a sneak peak at the endpapers, which have marine (and mermaid) sketches from Ezra's journal (with his swoony 19th-century-naturalist handwriting):
- My short story from Tor.com, Men Who Wish To Drown, giving a peek into Syrenka's past
- Interview questions from some of the best bloggers in the biz
- Discussion questions for book clubs
- An 1874 map of Plymouth MA
- An excerpt from my forthcoming novel, Plus One
But don't take my word for it! Go see for yourself.